READ ON ABOUT:

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Beach Combing for Glass

Remember that glass jar I got at Good Will for 50¢? Well Anthony and I have been going to the beach every day since it's been pretty nice out lately. While he skim boards I walk up and down the beach looking for funky shells and glass. And since the tide has been so low I've been finding A LOT. This is only three days of looking and the jar is already almost full. I am planning on making some cool things with the glass, but for now they will sit in this jar and reflect light through my window.



-Kels

3 comments:

CocoDivaDog said...

ooooooh, I love beach glass too!
And what a clever idea, to put the pieces in a jar. I must do that soon.
I collect beach glass here on City Island, off the Long Island Sound.

Anonymous said...

If you love Beach Glass Or Sea Glass you might want to visit http://www.seaglasslovers.ning.com.

It is a non commerical, non agenda site for sea glass lovers around the world. We share beach locations for sea glass, craft and display ideas, thousands of photos and much more!

Open to collectors only (no jewelry makers and no membership fees)!

Anonymous said...

Hi,


I hope it is OK to post this here. If you are interested in sea glass you may enjoy joining Sea Glass Artists & Sea Glass Collectors which is the original site of it's kind. It is a non commercial social networking site for sea glass collectors. All are welcome to join and there is no approval process. We are all inclusive and welcome collectors as well as artists of all
kinds.

Hope to see you there!

http://seaglassartists.ning.com/

Thanks,

Lisl Armstrong