READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Theme Thursday - FISH

In all the craziness of today - yes it was a bit crazy around here - I almost forgot about Theme Thursday. This Week's theme is FISH and I know that Sea Otters aren't fish - but they do spend a lot of time under the sea with them and so I consider them cousins in "sea land".

These were taken on the pier near the Boardwalk here in Santa Cruz. I know they aren't very good quality. I was using my point-and-shoot and it was almost 530 PM so it was getting dark.

I think that sea otters are so funny and we got a kick out of watching them fight and jump on and off the beams underneath the pier. We even saw one peeing which was pretty disgusting but equally hilarious at the same time.

Anthony also told me that the white ones are female and the dark ones are male. Then we saw a baby otter - it was only like a foot long!

I shall visit them more often now that I know where they live.



-Kels

No comments: