READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Words of Wisdom from RWE

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that
you can afford to be stupid with them."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I know that the lovely ladies in this photo are probably willing to murder me at this point because I've posted this photo twice now on the blog BUT in my defense I look horrible so... it's all good.

I wanted to share with you guys my philosophy on friendship.
If it works, why change it?

Five of the six people in this photo (not counting myself) have been close friends of mine for at least nine years. One I have known since birth and another has been my best friend for 14 years. And one of them I have only known seriously for about a year. She's a kindred spirit - it's pretty cool.  

These are the only friends in this world who I know would never judge me no matter what I say.
Believe it or not I have a hard time making real life friends. I don't reach out to others when I'm out by myself - that is if I ever even go out by myself - I tend to not leave the house without Anthony or another human body to accompany me. Online is another story - I talk up a storm.

I hope to make more friends in my lifetime and open up more with people I don't know very well.

But these crazy kids aren't going anywhere so I consider myself lucky xtimesx six.

I have gone way off topic here...

I started this post originally to let one of these girls know that regardless of everything else going on in her life I am here for her and if we don't get together or talk for another four years I'll still be here. No matter what. You can't get rid of me. Sorry.

Kels

2 comments:

Lynette Fraga-weems said...

Regarding the photo...Hmmmmmmm...I will leave it at that! Looks like there is a quite a story behind this one.

Anonymous said...

I love you Kels. I needed this in this second more than you will ever know. Love you too. Tina.