READ ON ABOUT:

Friday, April 15, 2011

Food: It's too late for this...



So it's 11 PM on Friday
I am no longer looking at food
I am vowing to lose 5 pounds since I've already lost 3
I think I can do it
I've been living on bananas, apples, popcorn, peanut butter and tea. 


It's like.. WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH FOOD?
Why do we insist on eating 24/7?

I read once that we eat so much when we have good (or even mediocre food) because our minds keep reminding us of feast or famine. 

I've never been involved in anything even close to a famine.
What the heck is a cleansing. I've never done that either.
I don't think I've ever gone a single day without food.
So why does my mind always tell me, "You better eat this NOW Kels or else you may never get it again"

Common foods I indulge on:
Doughnuts
Coffee
any dessert
ice cream especially
salads of any kind
little weenies (not gonna lie)
mashed potatoes
rice

I find myself sitting at my desk at work thinking, "How can I avoid eating out of pure boredom?"
Decaf tea has become a quick fix
as has water
and bananas
and occasionally a half cup of coffee

I just don't get it. 

So today I go on www.pinterest.com (my newest obsession) and all I see are freakin' recipes and yummy photos of foods I have been telling myself not to eat.

No bread
no sugar
nothing processed (if possible)

and I get home and there's the coffee cake I made Anthony for breakfast. On the rarity I do good around here and make yummy food. Today was one of those days. 

So what am I doing right now?
Thinking about eating coffee cake
at 11:00 PM

What is wrong with me?

Kels