READ ON ABOUT:

Monday, April 11, 2011

Birth Order: The Youngest Married the Middle

Hello again!

It's been a few days since I last posted so today I'm spending my lunch hour in the blogging world. I've been reading random articles online lately and I stumbled upon this one through Yahoo! about the roles people play in life based on their birth order. I know this stuff is never exact and not everyone fits into the molds defined for them but I read it anyway.



Here's what the artcile had to say about Anthony as the middle child (second in line of five siblings):

Contrary to their reputation as insecure messes middle kids actually make stable and loyal partners.

You’re “a compromiser and negotiator,” Dr. Leman notes, s"o you’ll give your partner plenty of say in everything from how quickly your relationship progresses to where you go on vacation together. And your romance should be free of daily petty squabbles (middles hate conflict); instead, you try to put others at ease."

Have you ever been told you’re hard to read? “Middle children can be very secretive,” says Dr. Leman.
"You’re also not the best communicator when you’re upset. But if you learn to speak up instead of holding your anger in, you’ll have a more harmonious relationship."

Best match: Youngest child. The odds are good for open communication.

I think they hit that nail on the head, don't you?
However, the description of how a youngest child should be (me - youngest of four) is not so cut and dry:

Apparently...
You’re all about fun. The most outgoing of all in the birth order spectrum, youngest children live to have a good time 

“Most famous comedians are youngest children,” says Dr. Leman.
A partial list of famous examples: Jon Stewart, Jim Carrey, Ellen DeGeneres, Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy.

And forget ho-hum plans like dinner and a movie; you love to do the unexpected, often on the spur of the moment.
“Babies are the least financially dependable,” warns Dr. Leman
That means your date may be stuck picking up the tab when your credit card is maxed out.

Also, some youngest children — not you, of course! — use that last-born charm and charisma to be a bit, ahem, manipulative, says Dr. Leman.

 Best match: middle child (they value friendships)

I will say I tend to manipulate (it's the truth - I like to get my way) and I definitely married a middle child but the rest.. psshhh. SO NOT ME. I am great with money and I would MUCH rather go to dinner and a movie than skydive. Yeah, right!!

Still fun to read and interesting for sure.
What are you? First, middle, youngest or only child in your family?

I lost the link so here is a link to the same article through www.match.com

Kels

1 comment:

Ramona said...

great post and love the article! very true for me too