READ ON ABOUT:

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cheap Finds

I am a big fan of garage sailing, flea marketing and antique store shopping.
My MIL gets angry with me for finding super awesome deals
and my husband gets angry with me for finding anything at all (I think he's too picky)
but I LOVE IT and I have no complaints.

I thought I'd take photos of some of the things I've collected in the past couple of years that litter my house nowadays. 

Last weekend I got this beautiful rocker for $20.00 at the Santa Cruz flea market. It is in absolutely perfect condition. If I had a little girl I'd keep the color but I'm really not in love with it. We'll see.. if my mom wants to help me reupholster it - then you may see a "Better After" at some point here.

This is Abe. He hangs out in our living room. He cost me $1.00. 

I found this little bike (about three inches high) in Ben Lomond near Big Basin and I think it cost me about $2.00. The funky fabric behind it has yet be sewn into something pretty... I got a little over a yard for $2.00 at a garage sale. 
Here's Peg Leg Pete. I just named him that. He was $6.00 in Santa Rosa at an antique shop. 
This is my pink vase. She lazes on the lazy susan in our kitchen. She was .25 cents at a garage sale. 

I got these coffee canisters on two separate occasions. Together they were $2.00 and I love them to death. Now I don't have to look at a plastic Folger's tub. 
After we went to Tahoe I realized how much Anthony loves Emerald Bay. I got each of these for $2.00 in an antique store in Santa Rosa. I plan to frame them for him at some point. 

And finally this map of historical events in the U.S. It cost me $2.00 again in Santa Rosa. I haven't found a spot for it yet in the house. Does anyone know how to iron paper? It is so wrinkly!! 

All right.. now go find some junk-turned-treasure of your own!

Kels

1 comment:

Faith McKay said...

I love maps! Especially ones that mark themed things like this. What an awesome find!