READ ON ABOUT:

Monday, August 8, 2011

And then we all went camping...

Thursday night we headed out to Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park for a little camping trip with the Camello Fam, Darbo Fam and Grajedo Fam. And.it.was.a.blast.

Henry Cowell is right in Santa Cruz's backyard so we always feel right at home when we go there. It's funny how so many different places can feel like home if you've spent enough time there. 
Joe and Ant put together our tent so I could kick back and relax for a few. I didn't give them much of a choice - I don't remember volunteering to help out at all. 
Check out Jacqueline's funky Vans. I'm a little jealous. 
Sarah's into this new thing where she has to "pose" for the photo. It cracks me up. 
Julie cooked us up some Spaghetti for dinner



Photo courtesy of Sarah June - the photographer of the weekend
I think my husband might be the funniest guy I know.
We're in this one somewhere
Good morning! We were the only clean ones on that camp site for reals.
Julie made her famous strawberry pancakes. I told her I'd been dreaming about those pancakes since my first camping trip with their family in 2006. I mean I make strawberry pancakes all the time - but food is just BETTER when you're camping, you know? 
Bacon... the reason Kevin Bacon is so famous. 

Ben's baseball broke Julie's car and now he has to pay her $10 million dollars and be her slave for ten years. Not really. but he did break her headlight. 

Jacqueline and I Yahtzee'd 

Vanessa (who was not happy about this photo but managed a smile when I told her it would be on the internet)
Scrabble
Dave doesn't know he made a transformation into a bunny for a few brief seconds on Friday. 
me and Sarah
We don't know what happened to her. She disappeared for awhile and came back to camp looking like this. Too many s'mores if you ask me. 
Sometimes Jacqueline and I look a lot alike. It creeps me out. 

Sorry for the boobage. I sacrificed my integrity for that fruit salad
Renee and Jacqueline
Mr. Scruffy. I guess that facial hair is just going to keep growing. 
Joe BBQing dinner
This girl is so silly.
Those beans were a mistake. Just ask Anthony. That night our tent was like a mine field. And the mine's were really really smelly. 
Oh yeah - I sleep better camping than in real life. 
We woke up to a lot of dewy-raining-cold seats Saturday morning. Anthony got crafty and used a tablecloth for a seat.
Jan actually planned and brought a poncho. Jacqueline and I decided she looked like she had a blue wig on and we liked it. 
We made breakfast which included 42 eggs. Yes 42 eggs. I ate my burrito so fast that I never took a photo. Well you'll have to image it I suppose. 
I killed Jill's booty in Nerts.. eventually. 
Natalie and Mary showed up for a bit. 

I think the top two photos really exemplify their relationship. 

I got ONE photo of Mary. And she'll hate it. 
Yeah. This photo is horrible. I encourage you to scroll back up to the first photo in this post and look at how normal I looked on our way out on Thursday. I was so dehydrated Sunday morning and that high necked sweatshirt did not help. Thank you genetically round face for making me feel like crap.

I love summer. Don't you?

Kels

2 comments:

Sarah said...

camping was fun! And its true, you do look ugly in the last photo. But, in the first photo you kinda looked ugly too! Just saying. I look wonderful in all those pictures of me. And, yes, this is not Renee writing right now because she usually gets my name on her comment, this is me, Sarah. OMG! This is the longest comment ever! Im gonna stop writing right now because my mom wants me to clean my room and I dont want too so I was bored,and had nothing to do so i decided to go on the computer. Ok, Im done for now!

Sarah said...

wait! I forgot to write on thing! You and Jacqueline do look like each other.. if you were her size! Im done FOR SURE now!