READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Four Years Ago...

Four years ago I had the same exact moment as the one I had below 
(two weeks ago)

I was accepted to San Jose State University and I got an admissions packet and a provisional acceptance certificate in the mail.

The first time around the certificate had my name printed on it
Now the state has no money so...

The first time I remember feeling relieved that I'd gotten in - not because I wanted to be there - but because I had some sort of plan for my life after high school.

Now.. four years later. It's an exciting prospect to be going back. I am ecstatic. 
Often I think to myself that I regret leaving after only a semester back in 2007 and wasting that time.
but I've gained so much since then that I can't say for sure I would have gained if I had stayed there.

I moved to a new town 
I got married
I had six completely different jobs  
all of which have taught me about myself

I'm not saying it's all been easy - especially with all the community college semesters I went through during that time - 
but
Being accepted makes me finally feel happy with all my decisions up to now
 and that feels pretty good.

Kels

1 comment:

Anna said...

yay! congrats! i often think about going back to school... but i'm not quite ready yet...
but that is so exciting for you!