READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FBOOK Challenge Day 31

A picture of a tradition you have

Today I am at work and I am photoless...
so this is a Photoless Wednesday style Facebook Challenge.

As you all know we are newleyweds so we've started very few traditions.
I can only think of two that we've stuck to since we moved out:

#1 Opening one gift on Christmas Eve
This became a tradition because we used to open our Christmas gifts for eachother on the morning of December 24th since we would be spending Christmas with our separate families on the 25th.

It carried over to our engagement when Anthony's gift turned out to be an engagement ring. That is a funny story I have to share at some point.

It carried over on our two Christmases in Santa Cruz - opening gifts at home before we'd drive up to the Bay Area.

Finally it carried over this year by mistake. We decided to give eachother one big gift each this year so when Anthony's turned out to be a new bike and I woke up to him putting it together one morning he decided I had to receive my gift early too - a new holga camera!

#2 Birthday Breakfast/Dinner

I don't know about the rest of the world but both of our families have always made it a tradition to make our favorite foods for our birthday dinners.

I always choose soy sauce chicken with white rice and hawaiin rolls. YUM!

I'm fairly certain Anthony used to request Tuna Casserole. As of late he hates the stuff so now it's usually something like pizza and beer, hot dogs and beer, steak and mashed potatoes - oh and don't forget the beer.. you get the idea.

This year I decided that since Anthony LOVES breakfast more than anyone I've ever met that I would do a big birthday breakfast for him at our house - with both of our families attending. Somehow that fell through and we went to Cabrillo Cafe with his family instead.

He said he definitely wants to have breakfast in some way ever year so that's our newest tradition. Hopefully next year I'll actually cook.

Does anyone out there have any fun/weird/new traditions to share?

Kels

No comments: