READ ON ABOUT:

Monday, December 22, 2014

city lights + funktown DJs

The weekend before last we continued our Christmas tradition of visiting the city for a trip to Lefty O'Douls and the Union Square Christmas Tree. I really love this bar because it reminds me of Crowley's (the made up pub that the gang hang out at in "My Boys"), but also because it's a tradition to visit each year and that alone makes it fun! 

Our first year we went out with Rissa, Erica and Troy. That night ended in complete and utter drunkenness, not to be complete without a last minute trip to the Burger King bathroom - as a group - just before heading home on Bart. 

The second year we went out with Bryan and Alex. Somehow we ended up at the Burger Bar above Union Square. The view was amazing, but the price tag was not attractive. That night also ended in drunkenness as I remember drinking one or two too many Anchor Steam's that night. 

This year we headed out with the Brady Bunch 6 (soon to be 7!). For the first time we actually ate at Lefty's. After checking out the tree we ended up in a place called the Library Bar. It was very chill, a little too quiet for us, and definitely too pricey. I think Anthony bought a cocktail for $18. "Holy shit!" is what I say to that. From there we snuck over to a bar in the Mission and danced to some funky tunes in their back room, and headed home on Bart, but not before a stop to Kettle's Monk, I mean Kettle Monk's, I mean Monk's Kettle... hahahaha Bryan!!! Bonnie got snooty with the bartender, which was intense. He had a ponytail and he was kind of rude. Snooty got a taste of his own medicine, am I right? And... Brylex, Anton and I finished the night at Ihop in Union City. What can I say, at 3AM, after not drinking all night I wanted some g-darn stuffed french toast. 

So.. to traditions!!







-Kels

No comments: