READ ON ABOUT:

Sunday, December 7, 2014

lights, traditions + lots of ornaments

A couple of days ago we decided to decorate the Christmas tree - the tree that I just HAD TO HAVE the first week of December, but that we left in the garage for four days anyway. A girl wants what she wants, am I right? 

I can't wait for next year, when our little nugget can "help" decorate the tree! Traditionally Anthony puts the lights on the tree and I do all the ornaments. It's a pretty fair trade considering I HATE hanging the lights, and he HATES hanging the ornaments. This year we stuck to tradition (as we usually do).

Also, thanks to miss Jacqueline for inspiring me to use my DSLR. I'm trying to practice with it more again. The low light in the house added some graininess to the photos, but they're still better than iPhone photos in the same light. Good enough for me. 


Angie was not impressed. 

Next year I'll spike this egg nog. This year I put it in a wine glass... purely for effect. hahaha


Every year we take the bottom slice of our tree and turn it into an ornament. All of them up to now are wood burned. This year I tried to paint it instead, and it turned out OK, I guess. 



Of course Harry and Hedwig are two of my FAVORITE ornaments! I found Hedwig at the thrift store a few weeks ago. Doesn't she look like she came with Harry?


Ta-da!

Merry Christmas! 17 days to go!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

we need to do a Christmas movie night there!