READ ON ABOUT:

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

SL Tahoe: Take One

We FINALLY got around to planning our Tahoe trip
the one in which 
we could pretty much spend any amount of money we wanted
stay for more than one night
and
pretend it was our honeymoon (our real honeymoon was kind of a bust)

we left the Bay Area Thursday after work
I pumped myself full of caffeine for the drive since Anton had to work until 7 PM that night
pit stop in Placerville
we arrived at our "inn" at 11:57 exactly and were shown to our room
which, by the way, looked exactly like the pictures
and was more than what we had hoped for in terms of:
hospitality
cleanliness
and 
of course
overall awesomeness
I will tell you guys that I am the worst when it comes to hotels
I usually spend the first 24 hours angry about just about everything
hair
dirt
not enough toilet paper
etc...


but the people who own the Alder Inn on Ski Run Blvd
they do not mess around
and I am giving them a handsome review on hotels.com
we asked for the password for the internet
and cracked up for awhile in regards to #2
plus the TV had a sign on it that said, "I'm the TV... now turn me on."
Too funny!
Blogger. 
Woke up Friday bright and early to ride our bikes up to Heavenly Ski Resort
We kept trying to take a picture where we looked clothed
(and we were - duh)
but it didn't work out
just keep your minds out of the gutter
The gondolas at Heavenly
mmm.. coffee


Getting ready to head back to the hotel

On our way we found this random moose sculpture
and discovered that Applebee's is EVERYWHERE despite it's disgusting food selection
We stopped by the Farmer's Market on our street and bought caramel kettle corn
and then headed over to the Red Hut Cafe for breakfast
We had to wait about 20 minutes
so we tailgated caramel corn in the parking lot
Window painting of the Tahoe Queen
I'm pretty sure we looked 100% white trash
but hey, it's Tahoe
the funny thing is that Anthony kept wearing his moccasin slippers
and I finally informed him that those are the shoes I wear when I clean up dog poop
and that I knew for a fact that there was dog poop on the bottom of the right shoe before we left
and he didn't like that very much



Pretty cool ski lifts, huh? 



 some of the best hash browns I've ever had
someone ordered enough food for three people
and ate it all up
we recently discovered that we are very fast eaters
it doesn't bode well when your food is gone and your stomach is still asking for more
it leads to fat tummies
we're working on that... 

after breakfast / lunchish we headed back to the hotel for some pool time

and then made our way down to the Marina for some beach time
The Tahoe Queen

our view from the sand
can you spot someone in my glasses?


pretty cool that there is still a ton of snow up on the mountains
this is the view from Heavenly area towards Emerald Bay
maybe I'm reading Harry Potter again
After a much needed nap we each took a $20 and gambled it away in minutes on our favorite game
"Spin it to Win it" 
and then ate the Hard Rock
which I told Anthony is nothing to get excited about
their food is kind of like Applebee's Craplebee's
but he liked it
then we found this mural of Tahoe and I had to pose in front of it
(in case I didn't get to pose in front of the lake at some point)
and after dinner we headed back to the hotel again for tub time
I'm telling you.. this hotel was awesome!
Found our way to the Riva Grill for one drink
and it cost us an arm and a leg
we won't be returning until we strike gold
of course my sweet tooth got the best of me 
so we went back to the Red Hut and bought ice cream in their Soda Shop
and boy was it good.


That concludes our first day
We hope you enjoyed your stay 
Have a safe exit and please return tomorrow
for more Tahoe fun.


Kels

1 comment:

Faith McKay said...

Awesome! Glad you had fun in tahoe, I like it tehre a lot. That hotel looks nice! And now I want kettle corn.