READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summertime

Ever since we left Tahoe I've been wishing we were back because summer doesn't really hit around here. There's always a bay breeze to keep you cold and there's always work to be done either at my job or around the house.

But today I was cutting up a watermelon for Anthony to take to lunch and the smell really brought me back to summer.

It used to be:

Selling lemonade on the corner of our street as kids and playing on the playground behind our house
Buying character popsicles from the ice cream man
Walking to meet Anthony "halfway" between our houses

Now summer is reading a good book in the pool or riding my bike to get coffee, hiking on a new trail and weeknight concerts in San Jose. 

But I will tell you
I really hate watermelon.

Kels

No comments: