READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, July 21, 2011

What is going on here?

Have you ever had one of those moments when you truly feel like you've stepped into an episode of The Twilight Zone?

Today I had mine.

My mom and I were eating burgers at 5 Guys and I'm facing the line to order. I look over and there is this kid standing there. He is a 95% replica of Anthony (age 13). I know this is a misuse of the word replica since this kid is not an exact replica of my husband... so be it. I don't care. He is dressed like the 13 year old version of my husband - the one I met nine years ago and freaking fell in love with. Not only is he dressed like Anthony, though, he walks, talks and gestures like him. I am seriously freaking out at this point. I can feel my face turning red. My mom confirms the likeness and is equally freaked out about it.

I could not stop staring at him.

I know this all might sound a bit insane.
But it was "that moment" when you think something just isn't quite right.
and in that moment I felt like an old woman
because that version of Anthony is such a memory now that I can hardly remember what it was like to be with him at that age.

Weird, right?
Kels

No comments: