READ ON ABOUT:

Sunday, August 1, 2010

My First Wedding Shower

About a week ago my mom threw me a wedding Shower. One of the four I will be having this year. I'm spoiled in this area but everyone is having a great time planning them so I can't complain.

I was a little nervous. Not only did my mom not let me come over for a week for fear that I would see something oh so private but... well, if you're married or have been and have had a shower thrown for you you may remember the fear of the unknown. What will I get? What will be said? Will someone embarass me? Will I embarass myself? Is my dress OK? The list goes on and on. And.. if you are too young to know what this experience is like just be glad you haven't had to go through it yet.

But, as usual, it was a great time. I worried for nothing. And we all seemed to enjoy the company of those around us.

Mom had printed larger size photos of Anthony and I or family photos and put them on the steps going up to the house
and one on the door

and along the walls of the room we were gathering in. I may have posed in front of them.

So. The surprise were these amazing little people she had made out of fondant for my cake! How adorable are they?!

It's become an obsession for her for the moment. I am loving it. It's so fun to play with! And eat. It's a weird taste but the texture is pretty awesome.





Grandma, me, and Renee. I'm sure you both will love this photo.
Karlie, Leah, Britt, and Taylor
I always have food in my mouth. It's not fair!
We played some games. Everyone got into them. For only 12 people that room was LOUD!
Vicky cheated and got me to show her my ring thus exposing an answer to a question!
Look at that face. She is such a sly dog.
I opened all my awesome presents!
And my Aunt made me a bouquet with all the ribbons which, I may add, all stayed intact. I didn't break a single one. I'll just have to chock it up to my dad's Christmas Gift Unwrap training. We're good recylers in the Weems family, yes we are.
I cut the cake.

and then we ate it. Like pigs we ate that cake. I'm still eating that cake, it's in my fridge right now. Don't mind my Aunt Sheri - she is being amish at the moment.
Got some photos of me talking. Big surprise.


Anthony showed up at the end to pose with our cake. Wasn't that a joy?


So much fun! Thanks for the awesome shower mom, we all had a great time!

-Kels

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you used that photo for your new header. Could not be more doll-child. Additionally the pics of your mom and you are adorable. Looks like a lovely shower and lots of fun!

Tina

Katie Ann said...

you looked so pretty and those little cake people were amazing, love it!