READ ON ABOUT:

Monday, August 2, 2010

My Dad Turns 55!

My dad is a good guy. He does his flower planting and his recyling and his pool cleaning - and he spends a good deal of time playing cribbage on the computer. On a side note - if you play cribbage feel free to contact my dad; I think he needs a partner.

Anyway, today is my dad's birthday. I don't think he's as excited as Disney is to be turning 55 this year - but we don't care - we celebrated anyway!

Yesterday my mom and I made this amazing cake for him and attempted to hide it in her craft room with moderate success. And guess who spilled the beans at dinner tonight?! Me, of course!
We put green grass on top and a golf ball on a tee. Then we put penants on the sides that said:





He got excited after he quickly revealed to us that he had indeed seen the golf ball yesterday. Whoops!
Joey gave my dad this beach ball. Yeah - that's the sort of thing my dad enjoys getting for gifts.
My family minus the Tomster
and I gave my dad this picture of his dad. My uncle Kevin took the photo and I love it!
Happy Birthday Dadio!

-Kels

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cake (man cake has been present in your life lately) and the photo of your great grandpa is stunning. Yay for Harbor Cottage!

Tina

Subby said...

And many happy returns to them both :) To you all!

And your book read list from last year inspired me to finally start perusing my library ;)