READ ON ABOUT:

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sand Castle Day

Today we set out to build a master sand castle. Ever since I saw those kids building one at Capitola Beach during Marie and Carli's weekend getaway I've been itching to make one.

So... we packed up the car with a bag of chips, gummy worms, a water bottle, a camera, and a bunch of random sand shaping tools.

And found no parking.

So we drove back home and walked to our beach.

We had a nice argument over whether or not this shovel said Gay Toys or Bay Toys. It does in fact say Gay. Thank you very much I was right.
Wormy man
Frito girl


"The Jail" and it's "Hidden Path"
"The Town" which was located just above the library and the post office. Each home included a square garage in front.

"The Main Castle" with squae buttresses for support. Anthony made those awesome steps for it too.
The Tools
Some borrowed from the neighbor's kids' sand box.
Some taken from the Tupperware cabinet.
I discovered that I am not very creative with the sand per-say. But that I am a very good storyteller.

-Kels

No comments: