READ ON ABOUT:

Friday, June 24, 2011

Clothing the walls around here

I finally got around to putting something up on our bedroom wall. I had purchased the RELAX sign from HomeGoods about two months ago. About a month later I was hours into an epic garage sailing experience (am I right, MIL?) when a nice old lady offered to sell me four cute prints made in Denmark. They were framed and matted (gold frames with coral colored matting)... let's just say it was not good. 

So I used some Joann coupons to get me some matching green matting to go with the summer sheets and sign I had bought and Michaels finished us off with cheap-o-rama frames (that is not a brand... I am just extremely fond of cheap buys) and.. may I add... Dollar Tree should be forced to carry at least one color 11 by 14 frame. People need frames for reasons outside of hanging high school diplomas! But anyway... 

The finished product.
I like it.
The hubs declines to comment.
but I didn't see him putting clothes on this wall, did you?





Moving on.. I had another naked wall so I did a little free printable action 
I saw a 4th of july printable on my MIL's Pinterest via eighteen25.blogspot.com
printed it at Costco and then used leftover spray paint from when we painted the shelf on the other wall of our bedroom to paint one of the aforementioned ugly gold frames blue
and ta-da.. it is 11 x 14 and I love it. 
Again... that other guy who lives in this house does not
Doesn't he realize he married a woman who is completely obsessed with America? 
If he had it his way we would not celebrate anything ever
because that's the "cool" thing to do...

moving on... 
I broke down and bought these red, white and blue mums at Michael's for $1.00. They're cute.
Kels

No comments: