READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Spaghetti and Sewing

Last night we embarked on our first Spaghetti Wednesday
I make spaghetti quite often around here but last night's topped all the past batches
so... Anton has asked that every Wednesday be spaghetti night

After the feasting I had to get to work on the burp cloths I am giving Gretchen tomorrow 
(she works in our office and we've been planning her shower for a few weeks now)


They are super easy to make
all you have to do is cut a strip of fabric to fit in the middle of a cloth diaper
my MIL puts rick-rack on the ends but I just didn't like the way it looked on mine
and Anthony confirmed it as a no go - so.. it was a no go



Aren't they cute? And so functional!
Gretchen is having a little baby girl next month and she didn't register for anything like this
so voila! I hope she likes them!


and I also got her some books to read to her new little babe
I couldn't find my favorite "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" 
so I had to settle for Goodnight Gorilla (I have experience with that book too and it's quite good)


around here if you look busy your husband brings you a beer
I'm not going to lie. I'd rather have received a chocolate bar or chocolate milk or chocolate ice cream
basically anything chocolate

and then I set to work redoing the towels I gave my brother for Christmas.
Now they are in tip top shape. 

Sometimes I'm so susie homemaker
and I love it.

Kels

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kels those burp clothes are awesome! I wish jaid still needed to be burped! Lol good job! If/when I have another kid you better bust that susie homemaker side out!

Renee said...

You did a great job Kels! You should be proud.