READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, December 31, 2009

28 Books in 2009

This past year's new years resolution for me was to read 24 books in 2009
and guess what?!

I DID IT!!!!

I officially read 28 books this past year - here they are listed in reverse order.
If you want to know anything about any of the books below they are listed with an internal link to each one through Amazon.com on the right sidebar.
If you want to know my opinion of any of them feel free to comment and ask.

• "Dolores Claiborne" by Stephen King
• "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" by J.K. Rowling
• "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" by J.K. Rowling
• "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" by J.K. Rowling
• "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" J.K. Rowling
• "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger
• "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" by J.K. Rowling
• "All Together Dead" by Charlaine Harris
• "Definitely Dead" by Charlaine Harris
• "Dead as a Doornail" by Charlaine Harris
• "Ten Things I Wish I'd Known Before I went out into the Real World" by Maria Shriver
• "Cultural Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know" by E.D. Hirsch, Jr.
• "The Constant Princess" by Philippa Gregory
• "Dead to the World" by Charlaine Harris
• "Club Dead" by Charlaine Harris
• "Living Dead in Dallas" by Charlaine Harris
• "Breaking Dawn" by Stephenie Meyer
• "Eclipse" by Stephenie Meyer
• "New Moon" by Stephenie Meyer
• "Amusing Ourselves to Death" by Neil Postman
• "Dead Until Dark" by Charlaine Harris
• "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay
• "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd
• "Red Scarf Girl" by Ji-Li Jiang
• "Nights in Rodanthe" by Nicholas Sparks
• "Gone With the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell
• "Girls Dinner Club" by Jessie Elliot
• "The Magician's Nephew" by C.S. Lewis

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

-Kels

p.s. This year's new year's resolution is for me to read 30 books in 2010. It may be difficult with another full semester of school, full time work, full time wedding planning and the possibility of transferring to UCSC right before we tie that darn knot. Can I do it?! Of course I can! We all know I read to much for my own good. Any good book suggestions?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah! Quite the avid reader you are, Kelsey. Any particular books on your 2010 list you need, I may just have them...or not. I've quite the collection...and a Happy New Year to you :)

Renee said...

What was your favorite read?

Kelsey said...

My favorites were the Twilight books because they are so darn addicting!

The one that I am most proud of would have to be gone with the wind! That was a great book and I'm glad I got around to reading the whole thing and finally seeing the movie too!

Kelsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

GWTW is still Mom's favourite( tho' I don't know if she ever read the book! ). One of these days I'll get round to "History of the World" by H.G. Wells..all 1200+ pages of it!

But with all the work now, I'm lucky to still get in one or two books a week...

Kelsey said...

I know! I have to force myself to read sometimes. I'm definitely a movie freak so it's hard to choose most of the time.

Anonymous said...

Ah, but sometimes there's just no comparing the two. Quite often I'm let down after seeing a movie version...