READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hawaii in Winter: Day 2

Our second day on Oahu we got up early to hike Diamondhead State Monument. This was Anthony's and my third time hiking it. It was difficult, as always, but very rewarding. We got separated when these two lazy bones wanted to take a shortcut. I was at the top alone, and then when I got back down to where I left them I found that they were at the top. Kinda uncool. Anyway, great hike, followed by an amazing ear of corn from the farmer's market. It was flavored with garlic butter and chili powder. Holy yum!

Another afternoon was spent on the beach, followed by more walking in downtown Waikiki. We probably ate dinner at the grocery store, though I can't remember exactly. This place had a steak and egg fast food restaurant in it - surprisingly good food. We also found a cowboy bar, something we for some reason felt was out of place in Waikiki. It was a little odd, and the music was awful. I don't HATE country, but I really don't enjoy it either. There was more pool to be played and that's all I can remember.
















Kels

No comments: