READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hawaii in Winter: Day 1

Anthony, our friend Robby and I recently went on a trip to the island of Oahu, Hawaii. We wanted to squeeze a little bit of happiness and sun into our winter months. I, myself, wanted to enjoy a stress free vacation before Spring semester (which starts today).

I started off my airport trip with my first coffee in about two months. Decaf, of course, but so yummy! These two had a gross Chili's breakfast (I saw the servers microwaving all the food) while I opted to get a cheese and fruit plate on the plane. Let me tell you what.. that was some good food. We landed and took the bus to our condo/hotel. It was an interesting place to stay, let's just leave it at that. Definitely not your average hotel accomodations, but good enough for sleeping in.

We ate lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise (not good food) and spent the remainder of our day on Waikiki beach. We walked a couple miles to the penguin exhibit near the Hilton, and enjoyed a couple of snack shack beers. Robby stayed sober the whole trip (it's his 2013 goal) and we were surprised/shocked/super proud of him for it.

I remember realizing that I have a pattern of being a grump and not enjoying the first day of any of my vacations (EVER, in my whole life). I'm a definite nester, routine oriented person. It takes me awhile to adjust to something new. Kind of a breakthrough, just saying...

I think we spent the evening in the Sheraton hotel at RumFire. That place is really cool; no cover, they've got good food, a nice bar with live music, and free pool tables. It was a great start to the vacation.




















Kels

No comments: