READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, February 5, 2015

st. helena, santa cruz + a sharks game

I figured it might be more efficient to throw a few of our little fun trips into a singular post, so here goes...
 
In late December (or early January - I actually can't remember exactly) we drove up to the Napa area to visit the St. Helena Skatepark. Anthony promised me that we'd have a little historical outing as well, so we did visit Bale Grist Mill State Park before heading home. Both places were really fun, and we had a great time getting away together for the day.
 
One thing that I recently learned over at the museum here in Fremont is that this state park was restored in large part due to the efforts of the California State Park Foundation, which garnered support for this park back in the 70s! Very cool stuff!








 
In mid January we took another mini trip down to Santa Cruz for the day. We stopped in at Bills Wheels skate shop, the skatepark in Live Oak, and got burritos at a taqueria in Seabright. I love, love, love Santa Cruz and wish that we could live there still. It's such a beautiful place to live and work! We also stopped down at Seabright beach for a couple of hours before the sun went down. Ice cream at Marianne's was a no-go due to the insane line outside. Oh well, next time!
 


 
Finally, near the end of January we drove down to San Jose for the Sharks vs. Kings Metallica night. It was a great game with a ton of suspense near the end, and we were lucky enough to have tickets in the 8th row! What a gift from my mom and dad, am I right? Anthony had so much fun at the game that he never even left his seat - not even for ONE BEER! Crazy, I tell you. I have to say that hockey is a fun freaking sport to watch, and I hope we can attend more games in the future.
 



So that's it. Three dates in one post. Happy Thursday to you all!
 
Kels


No comments: