READ ON ABOUT:

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Jersey Boys in the City

This past Friday my mom, grandma and I went out to the city to see Jersey Boys at the Curran Theater.
I had high, high hopes for this show. One of my grandma's friends told her she'd seen it four times! Overall, yes, I loved the music. I've always loved Frankie Valli, and really all the music from that era. The show has some slow spots though, and I actually caught both my mom and my grandma dozing at certain points. The show starts at 8 and you don't get home til 11:30 or 12. I'm used to being up late, but I don't think they are.
Anyway, no I wouldn't see the show again. If it was free then I most definitely would. But, balcony seats are close to $50, and it's not a show I'd pay to see a second time. Unlike Wicked, which I wanted to see again the minute the show ended.

I am stuck on the Frankie Valli station of Pandora though. Get on it and take yourself back to 1963.


Kels

No comments: