READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Halloween is Approaching...

Now that it's almost my birthday, I've started getting excited about Fall and Halloween, pumpkin spice lattes, windy days, cold nights, lots and lots of leaves on the ground. What else? OH, right... Horror movies!
I love classic horror movies, but I never get around to watching them because someone really likes to watch funny movies on repeat and never expand from there. While I'm a definite fan of funny movies, I do like to watch all different kinds of films. Halloween always provides me with an opportunity to watch scary movies and not feel lazy about spending countless nights on the couch eating mass amounts of popcorn.

Anyone else just in it for the popcorn? Just kidding!

So.. this year, instead of saying I'll watch as many as I can, I made a short list of the MUST-SEE HORROR FILMS on my mind for 2012. Some of these I have seen, and some I have not. I am especially excited to finally conquer my childhood fear and watch Halloween. I'm nervous just thinking about it...

The list:

The Pit & The Pendulum (1961) - Starring Vincent Price

Mad Love (1935) - Starring Peter Lorre

Frankenstein (1931) - Starring Boris Karloff

Bride of Frankenstein (1935) - Starring Boris Karloff

Frenzy (1972 - Hitchcock) - Starring Jon Finch

Halloween (1978) - Starring Jamie Lee Curtis

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - Starring Heather Langenkamp

Dracula (1931) - Starring Bela Lugosi

Kels
(Also, I'm back)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I haven't seen a single one of these! Horror isn't my genre of choice, but I didn't think I was THAT out of the loop...lol. I'll have to rent a few to educate myself.

Glad you're back!

Sarah said...

when are you going to post about disneyland?????

Donna said...

I remember Peter Lorre(Mad Love) use to freak me out even when he wasn't acting. Something about him, his voice maybe, just gave me chills. He was meant to do horror movies. If you're looking for something funny too, with Frankenstein, Dracula and the Wolfman,(all played by the original actors) try Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein. It's a classic

Becky Stets said...

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY you're back!!!!!

Booooooooooo on horror movies!!!