READ ON ABOUT:

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

DIY Porcelain Painted Mugs + Banner Kit

In April I had a couple of occassions that warranted gifts so... I got to work with a little DIY action.

First, for my friend Sarah's wedding shower, I made painted mugs. When we got married, my friend Nicole made Anthony and I these awesome painted mugs (hers were much, much more creative and beautiful) (she's a painter) so I used an idea I had found on Pinterest to create a set of mugs for Sarah and her soon-to-be-husband Sergio.

I used a Pebeo porcelain paint tube in black and I painted on white mugs from the dollar store. When I gave her the gift I wrapped them in kitchen towels, just to add a little more giftiness to the present. I don't know what giftiness is... but I like that word now.

The paint cost me $2 - $3 and the mugs cost me $2. Not bad for a $5 project. I think she liked them :)


Then, for my friend Samantha's birthday, I made a special banner kit. She was spending most of her actual birthday day alone, so I wanted to make something she would be excited to receive in the mailbox!

This one cost me $1 for the white box, $1 for the twine, $1 for the clothespins, and $1 for the wrapping paper. Add $3 or so for shipping, and this project comes out to about $7. Nice!



Here it is hanging in her house, below.
Crafting can be super simple, and people still love the results! That's what I love so much about homemade gifts.

Kels

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love the birthday banner idea, did you think of this on your own or is it from Pinterest?