READ ON ABOUT:

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

7 years

Yesterday I was working on my schedule for the next three semesters and two summer sessions and thinking about how I graduated high school in 2007 and here I am freaking planning to graduate college in 2014. 7 YEARS?!?! Is this a joke? I don't know how this happened. I mean I have always worked, lived on my own, paid for my own things... all of that has contributed to not being a full time student in five years or so. I'm like the girl who is never going to graduate. It's so frustrating. And yes, I am ranting right now. Get over it. The hard part is that I go to work all day, go to school all night, do homework all weekend... or after school... or at work. I take care of our house and cook all of our meals. I tend to the animals and I am always the one making plans. (This is starting to sound like a rant about Anthony, but it's not... I like doing all of those things). I am just kinda burned out. I've been burned out for awhile. However, I want to graduate. I want to graduate sooner, rather than later. I like being a little housewife and I like working too! I want to do it all and it.is.difficult. Let me tell you. I am so thankful I don't have any children at this point. That is the next step and I am so excited that graduation will mean children. Maybe not right away, but soon man, really soon. My last semester, if all goes well - meaning IF the classes I need are offered AND IF they are offered after work AND IF they don't conflict with the other classes I need to take AND IF I don't fail any classes (I won't, duh)... will be Fall 2013. It's like WHOA, that is next year. That's a lot of units to cram into a year and a half of schooling. I think I can do it. I know I can do it. But it's just tiring. You can all says prayers for me and little happy thoughts, yes I am asking you to do that, that this stupid school plan will work. And that SJSU advising doesn't screw me in the end and say that my 70 units from community college are messed up or something. I will literally scream and kill someone.

I guess I should just focus on the good things, right? I have a pretty sweet life with these three dorks, besides school.


Kels

2 comments:

Kate as of Late said...

I do believe we are long lost soul mates or something... I also graduated in 2007, and (if I don't overwork and overcram classes, and like you said if everything works out) I am also looking at a graduation date of December 2013 or spring 2014!!! I know what you mean about the frustration and feeling like you're never going to graduate, but know that there is at least one person out there who feels the same way!
I actually met with an advisor today and was told that I am more behind than I had originally thought (my issue is tons and tons and TONS of transfers) but all will be fine and I will graduate soon! Keep going lady, if you ever need a little motivation or help email me or tweet me!!!

Miss Anita said...

Whilst I took two years off in between I graduated high school in 03 and will graduate with my Masters in 2013... flip!
You're never behind, you're just on your own schedule - that's what I say to myself. So keep up with your classes and your "dorks" and you'll make it there when you're supposed to.