READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dads

*** I found this post in my "drafts" area from early 2011 and I don't know why I never posted it. So.. here it is... ***

This is my Dad


This is my Mom

My mom teaches my things like how to bake the perfect pie shell, sew something together and the best way to do your taxes
My dad shows me how to fold towels and pump up the tires in my car
Both are very important people.
I never thought that the moment I got married that I would stop needing my parents... but I thought that maybe it would be weird asking for help on things that my husband can do. Today I proved myself wrong. Anthony went to Sacramento with his friends this weekend so I got bored and decided to get my rusty bike out of the backyard and ride it to the store. Well.. a rusty bike that's been in the rain and mud for close to 9 months looks pretty crapified at first glance. So... I washed it and rode it down the street. Two pretty flat tires got me nowhere. So who did I call? MY DAD! We spent a good hour pumping tires, adjusting things, fixing brakes, oiling gears, loosening brake wires. It was awesome. I rode my bike to the store in the rain and I have only one person to thank for that.. my dadio. Thanks Dad - you are awesome.

Kels

No comments: