READ ON ABOUT:

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Camping in Big Basin

The weekend before last we headed out for a two night stay in Big Basin State Park. It's really close to home (about 1 hour) so it's very convenient  -- especially when you have to be back in time to make some deviled eggs and head over to Nana's house for Easter Sunday <<< our situation... 

Big Basin is actually the first state park of California. I don't remember the year, sorry guys, I know you were dying to know. I love going there. It's a very community based park and they have miles and miles of trails. I mentioned a month ago that I have a goal of hiking the long-ass-hike to Berry Creek Falls this year. Well, CA state parks don't allow dogs. Next time we head out there we'll leave Angie behind so we can get our hike on!


















We basically
ate junk food
drank a ton of beer
sat around the fire
read books
played card games
and swooned over the cuteness of Angie.

I love camping and we plan to do a lot more of it this year!!

Kels

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks a great place, I'll put that one on the list of places to go. We can't leave the dogs home though since our trailer is our home.