READ ON ABOUT:

Sunday, March 18, 2012

EUROPE!!! Part 7

I know.. I know.. It's been two months since I got back and I'm still posting photos of my trip. I want to get through it so I can get these thousands of photos off my computer - it's slow as molasses right now.

At our hotel in Delphi we were not allowed to put toilet paper in the toilet. It was... interesting... 
^^ My first cup of coffee on the trip. 
Delphi
There were cats everywhere!!

our guide ^^^








On the way from Delphi to Athens we stopped in front of this beautiful town and finally took a group shot with everyone in it. 



Got to our hotel in Athens. 

Random little church in the middle of downtown Athens ^^ with Rutheigh and Nakita


Dinner at Vizantino Taverna
Another Greek Salad!
The next morning we got up bright and early. Here I am at the Olympic Stadium ^^ This is where the first modern day olympics were held. 
Me, Rutheigh, Jamie and Jenn ^^
It was SUPER rainy!

After we left the stadium we headed over to the Acropolis. It was raining so hard but I LOVED it because I get such better pictures in the rain than in the sun. 


Temple of Athena ^^

our guide ^^ Literally had a baby a week before this day. She was a bad ass. 

We got crazy posing with our umbrellas




After that we went over to the Acropolis Museum. They are excavating ruins underneath (pretty sweet!)

and found Mars Hill where St. Paul preached. 



Kay and a stray dog.
There are stray dogs all over Athens and there is a service that keeps them neutered, up to date on their shots and also feeds them. 
They led us around the city all day!
I love green!!!
Hadrian's Arch ^^

our last dinner in Greece. 

Another Greek salad. It was amazing. Seriously. I miss those salads. 

These two roomies were insane our last night. They wanted to stay up all night long and be crazy! I (the mom of our group) was not having it. I kept thinking that if I could just fall asleep I would be able to see Anthony soon!
We said goodbye to Paolo in the airport
and Amanda found a chocolate orange.. we were so happy about that!!

Goodbye Greece. Hello San Francisco!

The end. The trip was amazing. Sorry it took so long for me to finally get to the end of it. If I could redo the trip I would definitely spend one more day in Athens. 

Kels

No comments: