READ ON ABOUT:

Friday, February 3, 2012

What is SUCCESS?

A lot of discussion has been going around about the definition of success. Who is successful in our lives? Why? What makes them so?

I find myself to be successful simply because I am happy with my life. So, do I define success as happiness? I think I do.

I tend to compare myself to my brothers and how they are doing in life. Where are they working? Who are they dating? How much money do they make? Where do they live?

But it's all relative.

If they are happy, they are successful. At least, in my opinion. I don't know if they are happy. I would have to ask them and asking them would mean talking about feelings and that is just something I try to avoid doing.

I don't know why so many of us care what people think of us. I know that some people don't worry about others, but the majority of us humans do. We wonder what people will think and what they will say when they find out about _________.

Don't we?

I think it's dumb.

I just wanted to say that I feel that I am successful because I love my husband. I love my dog. I love my cat. I love my house. I love that I can pay for the things I need and that I don't have to worry about money. I am not rich, I sometimes fail, and I have bad days... but that doesn't matter to me. I am happy. I am successful.

Are you?

Kels

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I absolutely agree. Success is happiness.

Becky Stets said...

I agree with you! Happiness is key. It's really all that matters.

Miss Anita said...

For me, I measure my success by what I think of myself, and as you said, if I'm happy with my life.
I think it's about being proud of what you've managed to achieve in your life, not just the "big" things, but the little things too, like eating a new food or travelling to a new city, or saying hi to that really hot guy.
No one knows your own fears and insecurities like you do, so if you've managed to go outside your comfort zone and survive, you're successful.

Sarah McM said...

Left you a little award on my blog! Now you much link back to me and pass it on to five others.