READ ON ABOUT:

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mission Peak

Miss Samantha was down to visit this weekend so instead of asking her to lunch I thought it would be a bit healthier to ask her on a hike to Mission Peak (and then chow down on some Chipotle and Subway afterwards). Mission Peak is located in Fremont and has always been my little directional landmark ever since I was a kid because it's the highest point in the city. At least that's what my dad taught me anyway. It's a 4 mile hike to the top from Ohlone College - so, an 8 mile hike in all. I was pretty happy to say that I did it with no difficulty this time (though we did make a ton of stops because, who likes feeling like they are the one holding up the group? Plus, that way you get to enjoy the hike a bit more). Also, my little puggie girl made it to the top and back with no hesitation and without being carried! She is such a trooper and I am so glad because we're hikers so... I told her to cut the crap before we left. Hehe. 
Ant, Sam and Robby




We did a little geo-caching, thanks to Robby!



This picture just makes me swoon ^^^




Almost there ^^
and we made it!!







She was tired... but still so cute!!

Kels

1 comment:

Lynette Fraga-weems said...

Angie's first real hike! So proud of her and all of you. You don't see me climbing a mountain anytime in the near future...