READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Monster's Inc. Ornaments (for Sam)

Anthony and I are giving a lot of homemade gifts this year for two six reasons:

#1 - We spent way too much on each other this Christmas
#2 - We spent way too much on each other this year
#3 - Pinterest
#4 - Homemade gifts are better (and more fun to give)
#5 - Various bills are weighing us down
#6 - I like money
So... I decided that since my friend Samantha is low on ornaments for her and her boyfriend's tree she should get some ornaments from us this year! She love love loves Monster's Inc. and her boyfriend's name is Mike so we thought that Mike Wazowski ornaments would be a pretty sweet gift for her.
I used the same method of painting the inside of the bulbs as in this post -- except I allowed them to dry upside down for 24-48 hours this time so the excess paint could drip out. I'm hoping her ornaments will last longer than the ones on my tree because I didn't do this with the rainbow colored ones I made last month for us and they are looking kinda shabby.

Anyway.. Anthony painted the face on them and wrote cute sayings on the back. And she already got them in the mail yesterday (thank you USPS) and she loves them! I just hope they looked as good as they did in these photos when she opened the box.


The end.

Kels

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those are so cute! Wow! Our family never does that kind of crafty stuff!!!