READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

SF Day 11.6.11

On Sunday Ant and I headed out to San Francisco to visit my friend Sarah.
On the way we stopped in San Bruno at the Golden Gate National Cemetery - a place I've wanted to visit pretty much my whole life. It's a beautiful cemetery. We spent a good deal of time looking for our names and birthdays but with no luck. Maybe next time...








This guy kind of got screwed on his tombstone placement. That tree is trying to kick him out of his grave.
Then we headed to Golden Gate Park since the De Young Museum was FREE for B of A Customers (that's us) we saved $40. I like that!

Some of my faves:
Flora and Fauna of the Pacific

Bust of George Washington
That's us in the mirror yo!
Riverboat Syracuse
Jose Benito Ortega's "Cristo"
Then we headed to the 9th floor observation deck. You can see the whole city from there and it's free without admission to the museum so anyone can go anytime. It is one of my favorite spots in the whole city for sure.

Attempted panoramic with my janky software I found online

Then we headed over to Kitaro Japanese Restaurant to meet Sarah and Sergio
I failed at taking pictures during lunch - such things happen when you're catching up on two years of life in one hour.
Then we headed to Union Square for Starbucks and some perusing of the shops.


We started rebuiling our CD collection. That was fun!


and we headed home.
Sometimes a date day comes on by suprise and this one was one of THE BEST.
Love my hubs.

Kels

1 comment:

Alex said...

Spontaneous date days are the best. Bryan and I had one on Saturday. It was much needed to just be alone and wander around together. Looks like you guys had an amazing day!