READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Give Thanks

I've been thinking for awhile now about what I'm really thankful for this year. I try and be thankful all the time but I know that this time of year is the time to really celebrate thanks. I guess it's the weather and the coming of the holidays that make us think about what we are grateful for... I don't know. 

Right now I'm thankful for:

A husband who cares about what I think and my feelings. Who takes care of our dog and waits up for me to get off of school. Who enjoys being around his family and gets me out of the house to socialize.

Animals who snuggle up with me and avoid getting hit by cars. Who exhibit good behavior and avoid acting like snobby brats.

Parents who take care of me even when I don't need it. Who like having us over and treat our dog like a grandchild. Who always do what's best for their kids.

For in laws who allow me to banter all day long and drop in unannounced like I live there. Who feed me breakfast when I'm too lazy to go shopping and always ask how my family is doing.

For brothers who leave me alone because they knows I'm too busy to hang out with them at this very moment. Who text me instead of calling.

For sister in laws who spoil my dog with kisses and enjoy spending time with me. Who put up with my incessant babble with their mother and give it to me straight... most of the time.

For job security in a time when the concept is basically non existent. For a steady paycheck every week for both myself and my hub. For benefits that allow us to go to the doctor. For doctors in general.

For the health of my father who was smart enough to listen to the signs. For his healthy eating habits... Let's hope they continue.

For food on the table and hot water in the shower. For showers... And Jammies. And coffee... oh my.

For God and the Church and all future possibilities.

Just thanks. My life is very blessed. Amen.

Kels

1 comment:

Renee said...

And I am thankful for to have such a wonderful daughter in law. You have been a blessing to our family and I can't imagine our lives without you.