READ ON ABOUT:

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas MEME

Stole this from ToMakeLoveStay


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog since I drink hot cocoa all year long.


2. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored. I always had the old fashioned glass colored bulbs growing up so we use those on our house too.


3. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Anthony and I buy each other an ornament every year. I always try and relate the ornament I give him to something good that happpened in that year.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, actually we've never done that.


5. When do you put your decorations up? We try to do it in early December but we may start a bit early this year since we'll be out of town most of December.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Candied sweet potatoes mixed with regular mashed potatoes. I like starch I guess.


7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Everyone jumping into my mom and dad's waterbed (yup - they had one of those and to this day it is still the comfiest bed I've ever slept on) and telling my mom (on video) how excited we were to line up down the hall in anticipation of seeing all those presents under the tree. We did that every year of my life until I moved out. Christmas is never the same as when you're a child.


8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Last year we did. I don't know what happend - things got crazy! But no, I don't plan on doing that ever again.


9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We use all the ornaments from when we were kids as well as the ornaments we buy each other each year. We wrap silver and red garland around our tree and we have filled ornaments in all different colored bulbs. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

10. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! But I'm glad we don't get it here - instead we drive to gold country and tobagon down it. So fun! Maybe this year we'll actually go snowboarding...


11. Can you ice skate? Yes. I'm not too shabby either. But I certainly can't do any tricks.


12. Do you remember your favorite gift? My favorite Christmas gift ever... hmm... that is really tough. I have no idea. I have received so many awesome gifts. Maybe I haven't received the best gift yet? I don't know.


13. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family getting together and actually enjoying being with each other.

14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Apple Pie.

15. What tops your tree? Growing up we always had an angel. Now we have a star. I want an angel. I'd prefer one that is homemade.


16. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? giving. I love giving gifts.


17. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? YUM!! I enjoy them all year. Sometimes I find old ones and eat them. I know it's gross.


18. Favorite Christmas movie? Oh that is hard! I love A Christmas Carol - the original. Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. 8 Crazy Nights with Adam Sandler. There are definitely more.. that's a whole separate post.


19. Favorite Christmas song? I love them all. Maybe I'll pair this question with the movie question in another post. The song I love to sing is Silent Night, though. I may have had On Demand Music playing Christmas music last night. My husband may have been annoyed.


Kelsey

1 comment:

Lynette Fraga-weems said...

Wow! Number 12...I would have to say the ring that Ant gave you...am I right or am I right...