READ ON ABOUT:

Friday, October 7, 2011

Our Wedding (Breakdown)

Since I never got around to doing a real "wedding" post last year I figured I would do one this week since it's our anniversary and all. So without further ado...

Ceremony  / Reception / Lodging Venue: The Monarch Cove Inn, Capitola, CA

Shoes: DSW
Makeup / Hair: My friend Candice
Hair clip: Claires
Anthony / Groomsmen's Tuxes: Men's Wearhouse

Bridesmaid Dresses: David's Bridal
We did a lot of DIY stuff for our wedding. I framed photos of all of our parents' and grandparents' weddings for the reception table and made our guestbook.

My mom and I made this banner for the cake table
and the centerpieces were handmade as well with apples in hurricane vases.
We chose places we had traveled to and put framed pictures at each table.

our sweetheart table had our baby photos on it
and we made our little candy favors too.
My necklace was my great-grandmother's
my earrings were a gift from my mom
and my bracelet was my grandma's, given to her by my grandpa when they were 12 years old.
Anthony wore skull cuff links in his lapel to match my skull button inside my dress. My mom never understood what this was all about - just something special we both enjoy I guess.

Flower Girl, Junior Bridesmaid and Ring Bearer (the three of them carrier a "Here Comes the Bride" banner down the aisle)
Officiant: My family pastor - Tom Zelt (Lutheran - LCMS)
Videographer: My cousins Karlie taped the entire day for us :)
Catering / Rentals: Organicopia of Los Gatos, CA
Cake: Made by my mom



Seamstress: A friend of the family (Don't fall for the expensive tailoring at David's Bridal if you don't have to)


All photos taken by Jim & Charity of Jim Resonable Photography, San Jose, CA

I'm sure I missed some details but that's about all I can think of right now.
Man that wedding was fun...

Kels

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It BEAUTIFUL! The picture with your thumb up made me laugh its so very you. and the skull pins are so adorable!!! It all looks amazing.

Carrie said...

All of these photos are so pretty! Your wedding looks so beautiful, and yes, very "you." ;)