READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti?

So I made some pretty amazing pizza last night (thank you Trader Joe's dough) and I figured I'd make some pasta today with the left overs from the ingredients. I'm the person who will only buy something if I can use it in six ways during the week.

For example: I bought a little basket of cherry tomatoes. Their uses included: topping on egg salad sandwiches, topping on pizza, a little addition to my spaghetti and just for snacking in between meals. 

Tonight I made this spaghetti and I thought I'd share the recipe because it is darn good and so so easy to make.
Ingredients:
Noodles
Chicken
Tomatoes
Trader Joe's 3 Cheese Pomodoro sauce
Mushrooms
Parsley
Green Onion
Fresh Garlic
Various seasonings

Recipe:
Cook Noodles
Boil chicken in water with chili powder, garlic powder and pepper
heat sauce
add chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions, minced garlic, chopped parsley and season with pepper to sauce
Chop chicken
add to sauce
combine sauce with noodles
top with parmesan and cheddar cheese

Basically heaven at 10 pm on a Thursday night. Add a little vino and you're good to go.

No Anthony did not partake in this meal - yeah right - I don't think he'll eat anything in this recipe. 

Kels

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh, yum. Now we're having pasta for dinner...

Also, I'm not sure I feel like I'm wasting my time on my blog, but that's because I kind of use mine like a second journal. I get a lot out of seeing where I've been, compared to now. And the difference between the two places makes me hopeful for what's coming.

But! I do have days where I feel like I'm standing blindfolded on a stage saying, "Helloooo?!?! Anybody out there?" I mean really. I see the number of "followers," and then look at the tiny amount of feedback I get, and wonder what happened. There are some quiet days when it feels like a serial killer is stalking only my readers. Because, you know, that's a good reason for them not to visit anymore. lol.