READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Why blog?

I've been trying to figure out why I blog.

Jess from IROCKSOWHAT prompted me to think about this question and I don't think I have a real answer to it. Right now I am so preoccupied with answering the question, "What is History?" that I am having a difficult time focusing on anything else, let alone a blog that very few people read. Most of the time my readers are people who have already heard me regurgitate my stories in person multiple times so to them this blog is probably quite boring.

I have tried to keep journals in recent years, and I've posted about my struggle with staying consistent in it. I just don't see how I can justify blogging, journaling and cataloging my photos in albums. It's 2x a waste of time, don't you think?

In this digital age I am so lazy when it comes to actually writing my thoughts down. It is so much easier to type them into blogger and hit "post" for you guys to read. But seriously... in xxx amount of years I'm thinking a written journal would be much more entertaining and exciting to read.

Lately I've found myself posting about all of our little adventures (which, by the way, totally wore me out this summer) with little comment. I post the photos and tell you who's in them. How boring is that?

Then again, most blogs are like that... and reading them has been boring me to death lately.

Basically, I am bored. Bored of blogging.

Last month I posted every single day (give or take one or two). GO ME! But I don't feel very successful. 

I guess it's time to focus on school and my husband, my health and my reading list. 
Hopefully you guys will stick around for the posts that will inevitably occur. I just hope we don't fall into this same trap again. 

By the way, in case you're wondering.. according to Professor Don, History is not mere facts - it's the historians' interpretations of them. Apparently I am going to learn how to trust those interpretations and make some of my own this semester. OH BOY.

Kels 

P.S. Today is my 22nd birthday! woo woo! And school is officially kicking my butt already but it's cool... I'm not a quitter.

2 comments:

Krystina Marie said...

Happy birthday!! And for what it's worth, I love reading your blog! I actually gave you a blog award in my post I put up before leaving for vacation this past week! :)

Lynette Fraga-weems said...

I love love love your blog Kelsey! If you stopped blogging..what would my world become. :) Your children will absolutely love getting to know their 18 to 21 year old mom in a pure historical sense. Keep it up...I envy what you have accomplished. Love Mom!