READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

This past week I celebrated my 22nd birthday! My birthday is always kind of a big deal to me. I build it up to the point of Christmas and I get so excited that Anthony tends to get excited for me too! It's really kind of sick. This year I allowed myself to ruin my actual birthday by being a big fat turd and bumming myself out so we turned it into a birthday weekend!

I've been coffee free for a couple weeks so Ant brought me my favorite drink from Starbs before he left for work - Skinny Caramel Machiato. Yum!
When I got to work everyone had dressed up my cube in balloons and streamers  I felt so special!
my boss brought me a 40 (real classy) and Nordstrom gift cards!
Here's my "it's my birthday and I'll eat cake if I want to!" face


when I got home from work we went on a nice little bike ride

on our way we stopped by the mailbox and got a little giftie from my grandma. She made me these awesome little slippers!

and we stopped off a the Camello house. They got me a new E.T. and some other goodies - including Harry Potter cards for Nerts. 


Andie came by and brought me my first poetry book and an encouraging word for my bucket list. 



we met up with some friends at BJ's for dinner and came back to our house for a bit. 
There was toasting. It was classy. 

The next day we went to FedEx and picked up my birthday present from Ant - Front row tickets and VIP passes to see Incubus. I am so excited!!!

This is me excited about our tickets. 
We met Robby and Silva for sushi and I had my usual California roll. I am just not a raw fish person I guess. But I lovvvvvvvvvve crab and avocado. Yum! Somehow we ended up at Coldstone. That.was.worth.it. 

In the morning I made pancakes and did homework all the live long day. Homework is not so fun on your birthday weekend but professors just don't care, do they? 
Sunday my mom had us over for dinner and my grandma came to celebrate with us! Isn't this hat box cake adorable? My mom is so creative!
My grandma whipped my butt in Scrabble as usual. 

Joey got me new Toms - and now I live in them 24/7
me and Ed
Nicky loves Anthony
I was pretty adamant about having a salad bar for dinner since I had basically ruined my healthy eating streak the last few days. Salad bars are my favorite dinners. 
we bet on some Sequence. Ant and I lost. And now I realize that I owe my dad $4. 

This family... 
me and my mamasan

Thank you Desiree for reading my blog. I appreciate it. hehe
Cake and my homemade ice cream. Yummmm-o
The next day I made eggs for breakfast because seriously we have no food in this house ever. 
and we met up with Robby and Silva for a day trip to Half Moon Bay
Apparently someone in HMB can't spell. 


me and Benny
I worked on finishing Wicked. I have now finished the book and I loved it! Now I guess I better go see it live in San Francisco. 


Benny loves Anthony
on Monday I got the flowers Anthony had sent me on the birthday that I never received. They were so pretty. This year marks the first time he has ever bought me flowers. I always say that I hate flowers because they are so expensive - but  of course they are still so fun to get. Anyway... 
my husband is so weird.
I did a ton of studying for my first test this week (which I got an A on - woo!!!)
and I got my last birthday present - a new fountain pen and a couple of Moleskin notebooks from my brother Eddie. Love them!
This year was a good birthday year - even though I started my birthday day off in a pretty horrible mood and allowed it to effectively ruin the end of my night as well. I am so thankful for all the wonderful people in my life who took time and effort to make birthday special. Next year I better go dancing.. and that's all I have to say on the matter.

Until next year,

Kels

4 comments:

Carrie said...

OMG, what a birthday!! I'm glad it was a good one. ("HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!)

Also, that's my favorite Starbucks order too! ;)

Anonymous said...

I didnt know! Iv been swamped! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I couldnt even focus on your post since I was too busy oggling over your hair color! Did you die it? who Died it? Go all freshman year with "cut it off and give it to my head?"

little said...

happy birthday! that was fun seeing all the photos.

love, little.

Silva said...

Hi,

I was at work today and remembered you had a blog you told me about, so of course I had to check it out! And now I feel slightly famous because me and Robby are in it.

I love the blog though, it's adorable :)

Silva