READ ON ABOUT:

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Garage Sale(ing)

A few weeks back we decided to have a garage sale. We knew everyone had "junk" laying around their houses and garages so we rounded up boxes of stuff from everyone we could think of who would actually be reliable and get their stuff to our house at some point. We went into it hoping to make I don't know... $50? And we came out of it around $300! I was in shock. All day I could be seen lounging on the grass counting my money AGAIN. It was a sick game. My ego inflated about 50% that day and I became Super Garage Sale(ing) Woman! I was told by a few people (notably my husband) that I was becoming some sort of tyrant by not allowing him to price items. Seriously... his items wouldn't sell. Who asks for $5 for a ripped up / used tool belt. I sold that sucker for $1. And now we're a dollar richer. So there.



I guess we're doing it again next year because I just love making money by sitting around in my front yard all day. 

Kels

2 comments:

Sarah said...

thanks for the cute picture of me..........NOT! i look so ugly!!!!!!! why'd you post that!?!

Carrie said...

Wow! Way to go you!