READ ON ABOUT:

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Birthday BBQs make me smile

September is birthday month around here. We've got Me, Shawna, Glenn, Joe, Jacqueline, Tommy, Grandma W, Devin, Aunt Janet and Aunt Judy... the list goes on...

So we always combine as many as possible over at my MIL and DIL's house. Last week we celebrated with a BBQ. Big question of the day... Is it wrong that I enjoy the company of wee tots more than regular sized people? 

Anthony barbecued for his dadio
Brynn is such a cutie
Kylie looks like she is closely related to Jacqueline

We finally were able to catch up with Natalie after her olympic summer. I call it that because she had no free weekends for hmm.. four months? 
Anthony fits into Jared's shadow like he was meant to stand there
Katie and Brynn


I toted my HP cup around like it was nobody's business. I happen to love that cup. 
The next day we went out for Jacqueline's 16th birthday!
she made us some from scratch cupcakes with buttercream frosting. I think this girl is meant to be a baker. We followed it up with NERTS and Easy A. By the way.. Easy A has some moments which are not fun to watch with your parents. Things can get a bit awkward... 

Did you know how amazing iPhones are? I can't believe I said I don't want one. I kinda want one. I really want one. No I don't need one. Gah! Technology... 
Happy birthday everyone!

Oh and before I forget
Jacqueline three pieces of advice on your birthday:
#1 - Enjoy your skinny bones now before you lose them - someday you will be fat and I will not laugh at you but I will cry with you :)
#2 - Enjoy milestone birthdays because after this one you only have a few left!
#3 - Make me more baked goods. 

Love, Kels

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am determined not to become fat!!! Hehe :)
-jacqueline

elisabeth said...

happy birthday to everyone!
that rainbow cake is pretty freaking amazing!

♥elisabeth

Sarah said...

ummmmmmmmmm i cant find myself in any of those photos! i mean like wheres the cuteness in those photos!?!!!! you need to put me in there next time!