READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Being Married and Being a Parent (3 of 3)

Being a parent and trying to be happily married at the same time is like trying to rub your tummy and pat your head at the same time -- 99% of the time you're messing up somewhere, but that 1% of the time when everything is working out, you feel more accomplished than any sports trophy ever made you feel as a kid.

Being married is hard.
Having a child (or puppy in my case) is hard too!

For some reason conversations always focus on el bebe.. even the ones that you've been waiting all day to have, like the first conversation after you get off work or the last conversation before you walk into your three hour class at night. 

Case in point: Me - "Did I tell you what happened to Angie this morning?"
Ant - "No, what?"
Me - "She went outside to poop and I looked over and there was a cloud of steam rising from both her butt and the poop pile because it was so cold outside!"
Ant - "Whaaaaattt?!?! That is AWESOME!!!"
Me - "I know!!!"

See.. we're sick. At least we are aware of it.

I used to receive photos of sheds and such, but now I get photo messages from Anthony consisting of Angie, Angie and more Angie. It cracks me up.

I realize it's not just that we spend all of our waking moments with our dog now... it's school and work and poker nights and craft nights and baking nights and honestly just wanting to be alone sometimes... but being married never seems to get easier. Even if you've known someone for ten years and you're coming up on your first anniversary it never ceases to be a full time job.

If I am too neglectful Anthony feels down and if he is too neglectful I feel down. And we're never on the same page. Not to say we're not happy.. if you're married and reading this then I think you'll understand where I'm coning from.
So most of the time we just goof it up to keep ourselves entertained. It works for us.

Kels

No comments: