READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Things I know for Certain

My friend Christina and I have been talking about the idea of "Things You Know for Certain". Apparently the Big O (Oprah) sprouted the idea in her mind and she in turn sprouted it in mine. So today I'd like to share some things that I know for certain...

Love can bring just as much stress to your life as it can joy
I have found that the more I care for someone the more joy I allow them to bring into my life. On that same token, the more I love someone the more I worry for them or care about the decisions they make for themselves. That worry causes the stress born of love.

It's OK to have roles in marriage
I have always believed and still do believe that marriage should be an equal partnership. As a child I thought that meant that I should cut the grass and Anthony should do the dishes because otherwise I was submitting to some kind of gender role. Seriously though... I've found that I royally stink at doing yard work and that while I can load a dishwasher with precision I know someone who will run it at 20% capacity because it's "easier" than doing them by hand. Just saying.. sometimes it's OK to have roles - even if they seem cookie cutter from the outside.

Borrowing / lending money is not worth it
Especially with family. Money causes greed. It can force schisms into tried-and-true relationships. And as I've said before - More money more problems.

That's all for today folks. More wisdom to come in the future.

Kels

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Love you! This blog idea is going to rock. ~Tina