READ ON ABOUT:

Monday, May 16, 2011

Dog Thoughts

So I have this dog
Shadow
She is amazing
I know that they say that a dog is man's best friend
I never understood that until now



It's raining outside so I can't take her for a walk
Someone once suggested to me that I buy a very large umbrella
Well that's a joke - I'd topple over

I haven't been able to spend any quality time with her for a few days now
and she needs a haircut but we haven't had time to cut it
and whenever I go outside to grab something or fold laundry
or just walk through
I feel so guilty
because she gets so uber excited when I walk outside 
and it's devastating every single time I come back inside
not to mention the fact that she can see Axel sitting on the kitchen floor
like "hahahaha - I'm in inside and your not!!!"
He can be so mean sometimes

Has anyone else experienced this?

You see we adopted 12 year old Shadow from my grandma
and she's never ever ever been an inside dog - always in a dog run
and now she's in our garage and our backyard
and I know she's OK
but I hate that she can't come inside
Because inside to her means "Ooohh! I can pee and poo in here. This is so exciting!"
I don't enjoy that much...

It's like having a child and dropping him off everyday at daycare
and working all day
getting home with enough time to feed, bathe and put him to bed
and do it all over again
Except Shadow doesn't have anyone to hang out with at daycare
Just her stuffed mallard toy

I don't know if I could ever have another outside dog again
and yet I don't like small dogs
so.... 
What a conundrum

Kels

No comments: