READ ON ABOUT:

Monday, February 14, 2011

Big Basin Camping for Four

Our first mistake was deciding to go camping in the winter...
Our second mistake was eating beans....
Our third mistake was only bringing one sleeping bag (I thought it'd be more romatic or something)
Beyond that we had a blast.

We drove down to Big Basin Redwoods Saturday afternoon for a campout with some friends. All three of them bailed on us about five minutes before it was time to leave so we met up with Mike and Sam who just happened to be camping there too!

I cooked us up some beans and hot dogs on the little Coleman BBQ we got for the wedding while Anthony got our tent up and running.

We decided that we've never had such good food in all our lives as the food eaten during a campout.

I don't know if you can tell by this photo but I was absolutely freezing. You would think that perfectly sunny days would have moderately warm nights. WRONG! I had three pairs of socks on and I was still freezing.
I attempted to take a photo of Sam and I but every single one was blurry
We had a good time despite the cold

but next time I'll definitely pack warmer clothes.

Kels

No comments: