READ ON ABOUT:

Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 - A Year in Review

Here we go...

January –


Anthony broke his thumb and spent three weeks in “rehab”. That was a joke. “Please flex your thumb left, now right, now left again. Now you owe us one million dollars!”


Anthony turned 21 years old! We went fishing.


I started my last semester at Cabrillo. I then resolved to spend ½ my time in the library and ½ my time at IHOP working.

We picked out our bridal party members.


February –


We spent a lot of time in Fremont and in Palo Alto as my grandpa Fraga was only getting worse and worse.

We also went up to Sonora for the weekend with family from the Lucot side.


March –


We celebrated the life of my grandpa in his death.


April –


Anthony and I took to a tip to Yosemite with my parents and it made us realize that an annual trip is mandatory.


I applied for a new job with Raymond Handling as a dispatcher and got the job after my first interview.


We mentioned to someone that we were looking for a new place in Fremont. Grabbed the key to check it out. Wrote a deposit check. All in one day. Done deal.


Had my first day at my new job.


May –


We moved back to Fremont from Santa Cruz.


I had my last day at IHOP.


Anthony started looking for a job in Fremont.


We had my extended family over for a game day and lunch.


Sarah had her communion and looked like A GIRL!

I finished at Cabrillo and said goodbye to school until February 2011!


June –


I went to Livermore to see my cousin Megan graduate high school.


We sent out our save the dates after close to three years of arguing over the guest list.


July –


We decided to do a week filled with amusement parks for our honeymoon and purchased the tickets.


We found an amazing photographer for our wedding.


We did our annual trip to the Alameda County Fair where I lectured Anthony about doing Plein Air again.


Anthony got an awesome job across the street from our house and loved it from day one.


We sent out all our invitations to the wedding!


August –


We went camping with Andrea’s family and had a blast with little Kylie girl.


I got to see a reunion show of one of my all time favorite bands with Erica and Samantha in San Francisco on the hottest day of the year.


My mom threw me my very first bridal shower, My MIL threw me my second shower and Carrie and Patrick threw us a co-ed BBQ.


September -


I realized we were thirty days away from the wedding and started freaking out. Anthony did not freak out.


I turned 21 years old. We went out to dinner with the families.


Andie threw me an amazing bachelorette party in the city. That was intense.


October –


WE GOT MARRIED in Capitola. It was beautiful and perfect and so much freaking fun.


We spent a week in Southern California.


We started doing this thing where we go out and have fun and spend money sometimes. It’s joyous.


My Papa D.O. passed away in his sleep.


We spent Halloween at a funeral / burial / all day lunch with the Weems Clan.


November –


We went to two more concerts and realized that concerts are still just as fun as they were when we were fifteen.


I went to my first Raider Game and Anthony was initiated into the Weems family via Football.


I celebrated a second year for my blog.


Harry Potter asked me to marry him and/or Ron in Harry Potter 7 – part one.


I interviewed for a new job that someone kind of threw at me and got it! I said HELLO to a raise amd Wells Fargo.


We spent Thanksgiving with Anthony’s family.


December –


Anthony had two disgusting teeth pulled. It was sickening.


I started my new job and missed everyone from Raymond like crazy.


We spent our first Christmas as a married couple together. We went to Nana’s Christmas Eve and My Parents’ Christmas Day.


My new brother in law moved in. He’s got two months or I’ve resolved to murder him in his sleep.

The end to 2010.

Well - it's been a LONG year. Quite a few big events took place - some good, some bad. As always we are fortunate and thankful to have well paying jobs, amazing families, and eachother. Thanks for reading!



Kels

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Samantha, I didnt want sign up for an account... soo I am not anonymus!
So I'm thrilled my name was mentioned! And Something Corporate was the best concert ever, lets do that again!! <3 maybe some more Jason?
Anyways, its my resolution this year to read 20 books this year. You inspired me to do that! 30 seemed like a lot, so I'll start with 20. I love you!

Renee said...

Great post Kelsey but no pictures! The best part of 2010 for me was the day you became my daughter-in-law. Love you. MIL

Anonymous said...

First of all, Harry Potter is not marrying you his is marrying me. You can have ron.

Second of all Renee's comments could not be more cute, I am inspired by your mil/dil relationship.

Third of all this is Christina. Hi Sam!

Fourth of all, man oh man what a year. I am so honored to have been a part of it. Love and miss you and see you soon!