READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Winning an Argument: The Easy Way

I'm pretty sure you've hit rock bottom for the night when you've just agreed to do dueling hand-stands.
What am I talking about?
Seriously. I don't even know.
All I know is that it's a normal night. We've gone for a bike ride to my parents. We've done some dishes and put away some laundry and suddenly we've decided hand-stands are a good idea.
Maybe I should back up.
We decided to watch a movie and couldn't agree on one.
I mean honestly we have at least 70 movies if not more - 80% of which can be put into the category of "stupid funny" and we're arguing? It was an easy choice - "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" - or at least that's what I thought.
Anthony proceeds to pick every stupid funny movie - that actually has depressing undertones - off the shelf.
Examples: Observe and Report, Youth in Revolt, Knocked Up, Super Bad
Now don't get me wrong. I love these movie. I live for these movies. Yes I just made that statement. But... I just wasn't in the mood for that type of movie where you're laughing along even though you know in the end this character is a total loser and seriously why hasn't he figure it out yet?

So... I proposed that we do rock paper scissors. Anthony never changes up his game so it's a sure win.
I WIN.
So he proposes that we see who can drink a glass of water fastest.
I know I won't win so I decline.
Anthony, you know he still has that kid eagle spirit in him, says, "Hey why don't we do hand stands and see who can do one the longest?"
I'll have you know that I was once very good at hand stands. But I do need a wall to lean against upsidedown so...
As I'm bending down to put my head on the floor I notice how absolutely filthy my kitchen floor is.. so I try the living room.. esshk! It's not much better.

I never did a handstand. And now that I think of it - I never cleaned the floors either.
Somehow though, Sarah Marshall played out on our TV that night.
I think it has something to do with me being a woman and him being a man.
I don't know, you can decide for yourself.

Moral of the story: To win an argument - be the woman in the relationship.
and.. clean your floors.
-Kels

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cutest thing you've written in many moons. I love it!