READ ON ABOUT:

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tonight is my first night as a wedded nurse.

I’ve been a nurse on many past occasions, but this night is different. Why? Because I called it. I’ve been sick for a week so I knew Anthony would be sick within a few days and “bam!” we go on a date and within minutes he’s feeling ill. I’m not surprised. These things tend to sneak up on us. I mean it’s not like anyone is ever laying in bed counting the minutes ‘til their next cold, waiting to sweat in out. Instead, we live it up until it hits us and suddenly we realize we’re kicked back in the car wishing our heads would just stop pounding. At least that’s what Anthony was doing while I sang along to the black eyed peas on the radio this evening.

We decided during the honeymoon that we’d not only simply get out more, but try to turn some of those outings into dates. So we started things out by going to the movies… to see Jackass 3D… on the night it premiered… in Fremont where only a trillion people live… so, it was packed to say the least. The movie was awesome because we’re all for things poo and puke related. Yes, we are gross and I know this. So Date #1 took place. But here I am typing up a blog while my new patient sleeps soundly (thank you Nyquil). Might I add that even after I was asked to bring him medicine and a cup of water please, I still had to force it down his throat. Someone doesn’t like the taste of black licorice. He’ll thank me in the morning. I will say though, without this sickness that has hit Anthony full force, none of you would be reading this post. So clap and cheer for the aches, the chills, the cough and the “thing in the back of my throat that keeps tingling” as he continues to remind me. Because for some reason a whiny and sick Anthony (and believe me, he’s whiny. I don’t think boys were built for pain) means a super productive Kelsey. Weird, right?! I guess that’s what happens to a nurse when she gets married.

Kels

3 comments:

Lynette Fraga-weems said...

I want and need this photo now...without the header...

Anonymous said...

Me too! And this post is adorable. I MISS YOU!

Sarah McM said...

NyQuil is SO GROSS. I have to practically handcuff myself to the bathroom sink to force myself to drink it when I'm sick. Black licorice is the devil's candy.