READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Theme Thursday: Beginning

LINK BACK TO THEME THURSDAY HERE

You know how no one ever keeps new years resolutions?
I wonder how the statistics would change if they were "new age" resolutions.

I always think of my new year as being the year following my birthday -
not so much the year following January 1st.

Plus - what NEW stuff happens after January first? Usually you're in the middle of the school year or workweek and nothing really feels new aside from the fourth number in the date you write two hundred times a day it seems.

Maybe I'm biased because my birthday is always at the start of a new school year - and a new season soon approaches.

Or maybe I just suck at keeping new years resolutions.

-Kels

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty thought-provoking but indeed an over-looked point. Nice take on the theme, Kelsey :)

Alan Burnett said...

Nice idea. One year I decided that I would make my resolutions on the 15th April just to avoid that normal January let-down. Didn't work though. Perhaps the most propitious start for me would be November 7th, the day I started my blog nearly 3 years ago. Now that is one resolution I seem to have kept.

Baino said...

It's a bit different down under because New Years is in fact a holiday period and people don't go back to work until the 2nd but I agree, I never keep my resolutions . .come to think of it, I don't make any anymore. Oh and happy birthday . . didn't you lot go back a couple of weeks ago?

Tess Kincaid said...

My new year always starts in the fall!

Brian Miller said...

great thought, our birthdays pointing back to our birth, with the hope of rebirth in a new year. so you just had your birthday...so where are you going?

Tom said...

good idea...i stopped even making resolutions years ago. Except the one to keep on breathing...

e said...

Happy 23rd Birthday. Nice post and interesting point.

Betsy Brock said...

Well, happy birthday! and happy new beginning of your year! :)

Wings1295 said...

Yeah, it is a tough time to stick to resolutions, especially post-holidays and in the throes of Winter! I'm with you!

Dreamhaven said...

Wouldn't make much of a difference, my bday is December 30.
Don't think I ever made a New Year's resolution.